Friday, June 5, 2009


The throne room was a challenging area to paint on "Aladdin" the film. The paint we used was gouache and the technique was to block in the big areas and smooth out the paint with a badger brush while still wet. Then when it was dry we would slowly build up the lighting with dry brush technique. This helped enhance the rich colors and dramatic lighting.


Christopher Greco said...

Good to see your work again, glad I found your blog.

Bob Stanton said...

Hi Chris, Good to hear from you. Its been busy since Disney days. A combo of Fulltime , freelance and space inbetween. Mindy and I now have 4 kids if you can believe it,It`s a hand full but it keeps us busy.Hope life is going well for you. Take care.

Joe Kresoja said...

very nice piece.